Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Happy birthday to my son!

Wow. Has it really been 2 years since the best and most life changing experience of my life? Where does the time go?

In honour of DS's birthday, here's a quick summary of how everything went that crazy day:

I'll never forget, Saturday night we went out for Tyler's birthday. The in-laws took us to Pizza Hut. I barely fit in the booth. Not even kidding. We joked about how I was a week from my due date, but probably 3 weeks til the baby was here. I fully expected to go overdue.

That night DH went out for a couple drinks with a friend, and I got soup and cake made for Sunday lunch.
We finally crawled into bed around 3am, and not even 2 hours later I woke up with strange pains. They didn't feel like labour... and they were actually more irregular than my braxton hicks. So it took us a while to figure it out. But by 6am I was in a lot of pain and called the midwife.

She took her time getting here. About and hour. You know, first labour and all. Well she walked in the door and I was almost fully dilated. Commence pushing for an  hour....

Finally, (or before you know it?) little William was here!! 3.5 hours after we first woke up. lol. William wanted out, and he wanted out now!

By then the IL's would have been out of church, so we called and said "sorry we slept in, but you can still come for lunch." We knew mom and dad were probably shaking their heads. "Those kids, missing church. Shame, shame." lol. Well they got the shock of their lives when they walked in the door! A brand new grandson. All snuggled up in a whole bunch of blankets.

Ahh we can't wait to do it again some day. What a miracle a new baby is.

No comments:

Post a Comment